Saturday, July 24, 2010

It's a busy summer!


I'm afraid not much art work is getting done this summer. I've been super busy with training horses, lots of visitors (that's what happens in the summer when you live in the mountains!), and I've taken a few trips. Went to the Red Desert in Wyoming to photograph wild horses for reference, and also went to the Wild Horse Art Show and Sale in Rock Springs, where I had 4 horse paintings on display. Also, the Laramie River Valley Rendezvous, which is an annual project that I have been involved in for the last 25 years, took up 2 weeks of my time in July. Can't say when I'll get caught up and back to painting....summer is always crazy for me. Here's a pic of me at the end of the Rendezvous week....I was a bit tired, as you can probably tell. You can read more about this worthwhile project for teens on my website at: http://www.debramickelson.com/.


4 comments:

Ida M. Glazier said...

Deb---I have noticed that you haven't been here for awhile! Now I can see why!! I am very interested to learn more about your work with horses---they have been all I have done with my life as well, and this art thing was always on the back burner. When you have time, can you clue me in on what you do?

Ania said...

I love that blog ,just greatpost

Ania said...

I love that blog ,just greatpost

Mercedes said...

Wow. You are a painter? You have a wonderful gift. Well even if you are busy with training horse, I think some of your trip may condition you are give you some new ideas on what to paint the next time you get to hold your paint brush.